Thursday, January 20, 2011

Decaf please

{Virtual Coffee}


The initial meet and greet:

If we were meeting for coffee together, I would start off by apologizing that I am two days late for our coffee date and then I would model my baby bump and giggle as I ask, "Can you believe how big I've gotton?" Don't worry, you can say, "Yes, you're enormous" without hurting my feelings.

Getting our drinks:

What are you ordering? I really want what you are ordering and if you don't mind, can I have a sip? I'll order decaf coffee for me since I'm not really supposed to be having caffeine. I'm almost 35 weeks and baby Annabelle's ticker is always fast. I will have cream and two sugars though.

The conversation:

How are you? I genuinely want to know and will make it a point to hear about you first.

Time to admit that I'm already a bad momma! I've eaten chocolate, cookies and peanut butter today and not much else. I need to force myself to eat the salad in the fridge. Speaking of food, fruits and vegetables are currently in season in Egypt. They are so colorful and lush. I would probably take you to the souk after our coffee date to show you how the Egyptians stack the produce in mini pyramids. I wonder where they got that idea from...

What have you been doing today?

I've spent most of today listening to songs on iTunes. Jordan and I have been driving around listening to the same songs for months. We have harmonized along with every song in every vocal range. Time for new material. I love these albums and couldn't resist purchasing the top 3:
The House You're Building-Audrey Assad
Alive Again-Matt Maher
The Light Meets the Dark-Tenth Avenue North
As Long As It Takes-Meredith Andrews

How is your family?

I miss mine! They are coming to Egypt in February, March, and April! My grandmother isn't doing well and it makes me sad that I can't be there to help and visit with her. Jordan's brother is also struggling with some health issues and we are praying for him and his family. I've been learning a lot about God's sovereignty and that's been a blessing during this season. I would encourage you to listen to the podcasts, The Gospel of Suffering by Tullian Tchividijian.

What is it like to live in America, I've forgotten?

Jordan says he can tell I've been adjusting to life in Egypt better. He said I seem to have more confidence. Truth is the men don't harass me like they did before thanks to my new figure. I just need to stay 9 months pregnant. That would be painful!

Saying goodbye:

Hug! I would probably invite you over this Saturday since Jordan will be ordering Arabiata (yummy Egyptian fast food) and we will be having some friends over. Coffee next week for sure!

Click here to have virtual coffee...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment