Monday, April 5, 2010

Took on the cinnamon rolls

I decided to document making cinnamon rolls in our Egyptian apartment. Our kitchen doesn't have countertop space, so whenever I cook something that takes up room, the kitchen table becomes my countertop.


Our oven doesn't have temperature settings so I have to guess when it says 350 degrees F. That makes it a little too easy to burn or destroy my baking creations. This time the outer layers of the cinnamon roll were a little tough and the center layers were just right. I'll take it!!
Update on last week's broken brush:
I got a new one, better than the previous one, still Italian made, and a fraction of the price I paid in the states.
Update on my hatred for heels:
I got a pair of black flats that I can wear with my work clothes. Yessssss!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about using the kitchen table. I did Thanksgiving for a ton of people at my place in Maadi one year, and even had to use the ironing board, the top of the Fridge, any flat suface I could find for counter space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathan! I haven't yet had to use the ironing board, but there is a first time for everything. I utilize the top of the fridge and microwave all the time. Baking/cooking in Egypt is always memorable that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete