Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Little Taste of Cairo

This is a video of us driving around on the weekend. There have been so many times where I've said, " I wish I had my camera!" Now I take the camera everywhere we go. There is never a dull moment in this city so hopefully we will be capturing it for your viewing pleasure. On this particular trip, we drove to Maadi (the place we stayed at in April) and got a rug for our hallway and a glass candle holder. Maadi is full of these really crafty, hole-in-the-wall shops with all sorts of interesting things! Maadi is also where a lot of foreigners live, so it has a different standard. You can go out and walk around in shorts and a T-shirt and be fine. Maadi also has a decent community church and lots of cozy coffee shops and restaurants. Down sides to Maadi are there aren't a lot of sidewalks, there is a lot of trash on the ground, and it is closer to the city and the Nile which means more smog and noise. It was a good day trip for us! I enjoyed running into people I work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment