Friday, September 25, 2009

Funny how God brings up memories

About 6 years ago, I took a trip to Galveston to serve a local church for a week. The night I arrived, I had the worst case of pink eye I have ever had. I literally was blind out of one eye! I showed up around midnight, stumbled my way to my room, passed by a mirror, stood there trying to figure out what happened to my face, and then started to panic a little...ok, alot. A woman that was with the church reassured me that I was going to be fine, and started to call her friend who was a doctor (in the middle of the night!). The doctor called in a prescription to a 24 hour pharmacy and within 2 hours of arriving in Galveston, I had medicine on my eye. Last night, I was reading about good works(fruits of the spirit) and faith(belief in the saving grace of Jesus) and this past experience came to my mind. It became clear that the people helping me were serving God through serving others and that with my complete inability to see, I had to have faith in God that He was going to provide. Blind faith...couldn't resist:)

I guess I'm writing this to remind myself to serve others for God's glory and to hold tight to faith. It is only by His grace that we can become fruitful and love others and it is only by His grace that we can understand faith. It's funny how God brings up memories that remind me of His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment