Sunday, September 16, 2012

Vegetables with a side of steak


Life-long Vegetarian (2005)
Low iron stinks! What is a pregnant vegetarian to do? Fastest natural remedy?? Eat meat! Yes, vegetables and grains do offer iron, but animal sources offer iron that is easier for the body to absorb. 


 Good thing I'm not making this a habit.  Filet Mignon is expensive!!!!

Served it with a side of oven roasted seasoned asparagus and boiled seasoned rutabaga

 First bite!

 As I was chewing, there was fat from that particular piece.  The other pieces that I ate didn't have this thankfully.  Steak has an earthy taste that I did not expect.  Almost like a skin on a potato.  I thought it would taste more like butter, especially since that is what I cooked it in.  I did feel distinctly full after this meal, not something I usually feel after a plate of vegetables.  I probably will wait to try another filet at a nice restaurant so I can see if the cooking style makes more of a difference in the taste.  Overall, I'm glad I tried it and happy that I got a shot of iron. 

God Bless America! Doesn't the steak juice kind of resemble the US?

Meat Eaters: Thanks for all the helpful advice!




No comments:

Post a Comment