Thursday, August 19, 2010

I already got my birthday wish!

Today I'm 27 and pregnant (11 weeks 5 days to be exact)! What a great present from the Lord!!!! I'm beginning to sense that my years of quiet birthday mornings are going to be a fleeting memory. I will have to document so I can compare: Today I leisurly ate breakfast while watching the news, planned out the day with confidence that I will stick to the plans, and caught a few more Z's.

I can't help but imagine how different our lives will be by this time next year. I wait in anticipation for new sounds to invade the stillness! My mornings will be filled with feedings, changings, soothing, singing, kisses and hugs, baby talk, rocking, and scratching my head in confusion to what the baby needs and wants and wondering how everyone else deciphers crys and shreiks. I'm sure I will hear Jordan make the second or third batch of coffee, trip on a toy that conjures up a tune, and watch as the baby notices his every move as he walks around. I will probably be asking for a nap for my birthday instead of gift certificates and I won't be able to remember the last time I slept more than four consecutive hours...so I've been told.

Keeping all this in mind, my birthday wish for next year will be to have grace in times of change and to keep my expectations of parenthood great because I've heard they will be greater!!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." -Matthew 11:28

1 comment:

  1. and maybe spike your coffee with a little Kaluha. Can't hurt? Kidding. You'll be great as a Mom, Kristina. I have no doubt about that! And I can't wait to see you in action!

    ReplyDelete