Friday, January 13, 2012

Sweet Shoppe Party sneak peak

Annabelle is approaching ONE!  My baby is turning into a big girl.  Her teeth have arrived just in time for her birthday(they were just coming through the day of this picture)
I am getting a head start on her birthday decorations for her sweet shoppe party. I want to make it look effortless, but really it looks like I have way too much time to waste.  Starting three weeks early was a great decision for me because I can do one "project" a night after Annabelle is asleep.  Tonight, I made cupcake liner pom-poms to decorate her high chair. Here is a sneak peak.
I'll be a savvy blogger and give you a tutorial:

You will need:  scissors, tape, twine, stapler, and cupcake liners (I used two different color liners)

1. For one pom-pom, I used seven cupcake liners. Flatten cupcake liners and cut a line from edge to center.
 2. Fold in accordion-style. Do this with all seven. (I'm only showing two b/c I'm lazy)
 3. Press all seven pieces together at the tips and staple horizontally
4. Cut twine to desired length and staple twine vertically to the tip of triangle.
5. Bring two sides around to meet, tape together and hang up!

No comments:

Post a Comment